General Scholarship Instructions
- AAF Oklahoma City Ad Club awards three $2,000 awards to undergraduate or graduate students based on application, supporting materials and interview quality, known as the JAC Awards.
- AAF Oklahoma City Ad Club will also be awarding one $2,000 award to one undergraduate student majoring or minoring in advertising, commercial art, or graphic design, known as the Jeanie Ruedy Commercial Art/Graphic Design Scholarship.
- Please contact the Ad Club Scholarship Committee with questions at [email protected].
- For JAC: Scholarships are for students majoring or minoring in a communications-related (journalism, public relations, strategic communications, etc.) study track and attending an institute of higher learning in the state of Oklahoma.
- For JR Commercial Art/Graphic Design: Scholarships are for students majoring or minoring in an art-related (graphic design, commercial art, advertising design) study track and attending an institute of higher learning in the state of Oklahoma.
- Students applying to either scholarship must have an overall GPA of at least 2.75 and at least a 3.0 in their field of study.
- Applications must be uploaded no later than 11:59PM, January 31, 2017. Any applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Official college transcript
- Letter(s) of recommendation: Applicants must obtain at least two, but not more than three letters of recommendation from persons not related to them, preferably from a faculty member or someone who has acted in a supervisory role (such as an internship supervisor.)
- For JAC only: Applicants for the JAC Award must submit one essay (between 250-500 words) on the future of strategic communications as it relates to Oklahoma City.
- Work samples: Applicants are required to submit work samples based on their course of study or strength, e.g. designers should provide design samples, public relations majors should provide PR-related materials, advertising majors should provide ad layouts, media plans, marketing plans, etc. Please submit at least three, but not more than five samples in your chosen course of study.
Your work samples, regardless of content, should be provided in one PDF. We strongly recommend organizing your work samples in a way that makes them easy to understand and navigate. An organized presentation will most definitely be given stronger consideration than sloppily assembled files with no structure or flow.
- Only one scholarship entry per student for all AAF Oklahoma City Ad Club Scholarships will be accepted.
- Applications may only be submitted for one of the two scholarships.
- Finalists for the $2,000 JAC award will be selected by the committee and interviewed in February.
- Finalists for the $2,000 Jeanie Ruedy Commercial Art/Graphic Design Scholarship will be selected by the committee and interviewed in February.
- Applications will be reviewed by the AAF Oklahoma City Ad Club JAC and JR Committee. Candidates deemed by the Committee to possess the traits, communication skills and intellect best representing the highest standards of industry professionalism and ethics will earn the JAC and JR Awards.
- Awardees will be presented with their awards at the American Advertising Awards February 18, 2017.
- Payment will be in the form of a $2,000 check made payable to each winner.
Questions? E-mail: [email protected]