Typical Functions Will Include:
1. Coordinate WLT’s branding and digital media strategies in collaboration with the art director.
2. Maintain and develop the magazine’s social media accounts.
3. Research market conditions for promotion of WLT.
4. Develop and implement marketing strategies and campaigns.
5. Gather and analyze marketing outcomes and prepare reports.
6. Write and edit ads and news releases.
7. Keep the WLT websites current.
8. Design and implement surveys for WLT market research.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
Risk Management: Uses established safety practices to protect health and safety of personnel and property.
Supervision of Others: Will oversee and coordinate effort of student interns.
Supervision Received: Will work under Executive Director and Assistant Director.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in any field.
Experience: Minimum of one year in strategic communications, marketing, or related field.
• proficiency with social media, project management, and online marketing platforms;
• advanced writing skills;
• ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
• general knowledge of literature and writers (nationalities and genres open);
• past success in working collaboratively and creatively in a team setting;
• proficiency with standard computer software and digital media.
Special Requirements: Frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in literary studies.
• Experience publishing with CMS (WordPress, Drupal, etc.).
• Experience with online marketing tools like Mailchimp and Facebook ads.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
Start Date: January 2018
Additional Job Details
To apply, please visit: jobs.ou.edu and search for Job Number: 173297.
The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.