Internship - Events and Community Outreach Specialist
Qualifications & Requirements
• Help organize and administer all BBB events, including promotion, ticket sales, venue/event logistics, on-site management and post analysis
• Communicate regularly with Accredited Businesses to advise them of BBB events and services
• Update, organize and maintain data related to event organization
• Prepare and monitor timelines for events
• Coordinate rentals, décor, entertainment, beverages and services for events.
• Provides assistance to Leadership Team with other events as needed.
• Displays initiative by identifying department processes that can be improved and provides feasible action steps for improvement.
• Help identify and schedule external speaking opportunities at various organizations meetings and networking events
• Executes special projects as assigned by Director of Public Relations and Community Outreach
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Exceptional customer service, interpersonal, organizational, business communication and time management skills
• Experience working events.
• Highly organized multi-tasker with good problem-solving skills.
• Availability to work weekend and after business hours.
• Ability to research and create written and visual content for publication and/or presentation.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and media.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office, with demonstrated capability in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Database experience is preferred.
Additional Job Details
The Events and Community Outreach Specialist will help build the BBB Brand through the planning and execution of all BBB events. This position will also provide administrative support to the marketing and operations departments.